Collecting your personal information
We collect your personal information for the purpose of obtaining credit for you. If you do not provide us with full and correct information we cannot properly advise or assist you with your credit needs, therefore not giving you the best customer experience.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
The type of information we collect may include your full name, address, contact details, date of birth, marital status, residency status, proof of income and expenses and other financial details.
Personal information may include any sensitive information (including health information) and may include any information you tell us about any vulnerability you may have.
The information that we seek to collect about you will depend on the products or services that we provide.
We may also use your information to send you requested product information and to enable us to manage your ongoing relationship with us, for example client surveys, invoicing, etc. We may also occasionally notify you of promotions, new services, events and special offers or articles that we think may be relevant to you. If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please advise and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
If you require any further clarification about the personal information we collect, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How personal information is collected
We will collect information about you from you directly wherever we can.
Sometimes we will collect information about you from other sources as the Privacy Act 1988 permits. We will do this only if it’s reasonably necessary to do so, for example, where:
- we obtain information (including commercial credit information concerning your credit worthiness or history, consumer information and collection of overdue payments information) from a credit reporting body for any purpose described below;
- we obtain information about your loan or a guarantee of the loan from another organisation;
- we can’t get hold of you and we rely on publicly available information to update your contact details;
- we check property, you offer as security, through public registers or our service providers; or
- we exchange information with your legal or financial advisers or other representatives.
How personal information is held
Much of the personal information we hold is stored electronically via secure methods. We use a range of security measures to protect the personal information that we hold and regularly monitor and review our compliance and internal policies.
We will retain loan files for 7 years after settlement of the loan after which time we will have any paper records that we hold securely destroyed.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your information with associated companies in the BF Money group. This helps us offer you a first-class customer experience.
We may also share your personal information with the following third parties:-
- organisations involved in your credit application;
- to your authorised representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisors);
- to regulatory bodies, government agencies and law enforcement bodies in any jurisdiction;
- when we may be required by law from time to time;
- external dispute resolution schemes;
- IT support and services;
- other companies in the event of a corporate sale, merger, re-organisation, dissolution or similar event.
We require that all third parties, to whom we disclose personal information have appropriate controls to protect your personal information and that they only use your personal information for authorised purposes.
In certain circumstances we may be compelled by law to disclose your personal information to various authorities. We may be required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act to disclose financial transactions and report these to regulators.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
Protection of your personal information.
We use a range of measures to ensure that we keep your personal information secure.
- Provide staff training on handling personal information
- Document storage and destruction policies
- Security measures including fire-walls, passwords and anti-virus software
- Staff security passes to access our premises.
Whilst we endeavor to protect your personal information we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data transmitted to or by us.
Access to and correction of your personal information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you
We may use the information we hold to provide you with communications regarding products and services we think will be of interest to you. We may also send you details of offers provided by our associated entities. You can opt of these communications at any time.
By asking us to assist you with your credit needs, you consent to the collection and use of the information that you have provided to us for the purposes described above.
Contacting us and providing feedback
If you are not satisfied with how we have managed your information or you would like to provide feedback you may contact us via the methods listed below:-
Telephoning: (02) 9687 9444
Feedback Officer BF MONEY
PO Box 394
OATLANDS NSW 2117
We may modify or amend this policy from time to time to comply with new laws or codes or practice.